Lately I’ve been trying to include more protein into my 5 bite diet, and have been getting a little sick of egg white omelets every morning. I decided to experiment baking with protein powder instead of flour.
Waking up to the delicious smell of freshly baked muffins in the morning was heavenly. If you don’t feel quite up to the protein powder challenge, you can substitute it with more oats and flour.
Here’s my own personal recipe for apple cinnamon muffins.
- 2 cups muesli cereal
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp stevia
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a medium bowl, mix muesli, flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia with a fork until well blended.
- In a large bowl, mix together milk, oil, egg.
- Gradually fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Spoon into greased or lined muffin tins. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Serve with a nice cup of tea.
Makes 12 muffins. Enjoy!